You will likely want this to be a non-concurrent Quartz job, so that you don't have concurrent batch processing going on. Other then that, the Quartz job needs the job bean to run, and a job launcher. Those can be configured in your standard Spring Batch way in the resources.xml file in Grails.
- TaskExecutor configuration works great, and I would love to see GPars as a mechanism to define task executors for Spring Batch
- There were no issues using Groovy classes as implementors of ItemReader, ItemProcessor, or ItemWriter in Spring Batch
- There were no issues having Spring Batch beans, step scoped, injected with Grails managed beans
- Grails transaction manager did not appear to be picked up by Spring Batch, so I declared a ResourcelessTransactionManager
- Do not forget to use StepScope, so you can re-use other beans in your Grails configuration directly in your configured jobs, simply delcare with: